Well, it certainly isn’t week #215 for me, but the folks at Unconscious Mutterings have a nifty little thing going on. It is all about free association and fun. Here is what they have to say about it.
“Free association is described as a ‘psychoanalytic procedure in which a person is encouraged to give free rein to his or her thoughts and feelings, verbalizing whatever comes into the mind without monitoring its content.’ Over time, this technique is supposed to help bring forth repressed thoughts and feelings that the person can then work through to gain a better sense of self. That’s an admirable goal, but for the purposes of this exercise, we’re just hoping to have a little fun with the technique. Each week I’ll post ten words to which you can respond to with the first thing that comes to mind. ‘Rules are, there are no rules.’ There are no right or wrong answers. Don’t limit yourself to one word responses; just say everything that pops into your head.”
- San Francisco :: Bridge
- Sadness :: Happiness
- Spirits :: Alcohol, then shortly thereafter, ghosts, then shortly thereafter – ghosts drinking alcohol
- Harriet :: The character on the show “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip”…her name is Harriet, which makes me think of Chandler Bing, cause Matthew Perry is also on the show, which makes me think of FRIENDS, which makes me think of Joey, which brings me back to Italy!)
- State :: of the Union (Here’s hoping they get better in the next few years)
- John :: Q (Here’s hoping more people get health insurance in America in the next few years)
- Offense :: Defense! Tackle! Touchdown!!
- Timeless :: Treasures??? I think there is a shop back in Beaumont called Timeless Treasures…hmmm, I have never even been there.
- Account :: Balance 🙁 Let’s not go there.
- Refuse :: to Obey
You guys should do this, it is easy and fun. If you do, leave me a comment so I will know to go back and look at your link. Also, if you don’t have a blog you can do yours in the comment section – come on J, you know you want to!