This spinach and ricotta lasagna is a great vegetarian dish for people who are looking for an alternative to traditional lasagna. It is created with fresh ricotta cheese, spinach and homemade besciamella and really, with this dish … your options are endless.
>> 10/12 lasagna sheets (pre-cooked)
>> 2 lbs frozen spinach, thawed
>> 1 egg
>> 2 cups fresh ricotta
>> Parmesan cheese
>> Homemade besciamella
1. Cook the spinach in salted water, drain and allow to cool before you use.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. When spinach is cool, combine ricotta and egg and mix thoroughly.
4. Grease the lasagna pan with butter.
5. At the bottom of the pan, spread a thin layer of besciamella.
6. Add a layer of lasagna then the ricotta and spinach mixture.
7. Add another layer of lasagna.
8. Top with besciamella and cover with a generous portion of Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake or 30 minutes.
Note: Be creative with your lasagna. Feel free to add a layer of sliced Provola cheese or Proscuitto ham, depending on your mood!