As my Calabrian husband says, pasta e ceci is tammarù … country, redneck, paesano, but this pasta and chickpea recipe changes all of that by introducing cherry tomatoes, a hint of vegetable stock and a ton-or three-of red pepper.
>> 300 grams fresh pasta
>> One can of chickpeas (ceci)
>> Six cherry tomatoes, quartered
>> 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
>> Crushed red pepper
>> Olive Oil
1. Cook pasta al dente in salted water according to directions.
2. Add olive oil and garlic to a large pan and lightly cook over low heat.
3. Add tomatoes and cook 2-3 minutes, then add the bouillon cube.
4. Stir until cube fully dissolves.
5. Add chickpeas and heat thoroughly.
6. When pasta is ready, toss it with the chickpea sauce and serve immediately.
7. Sprinkle crushed red pepper on top.