I went to sleep last night and it was January, I woke up in June. How is it possible we are already in the sixth month of 2008? With the sweet scent of gardenias and the chit chat of fluttering birds, I am not surprised summer is here, and with that we have the First of the Month Recipe.
Tomato and Pesto Pasta
Between the B&B, writing deadlines, and long phone calls home, who has time to spend hours in the kitchen? We don’t! That’s why easy peasy pasta is a MUST around casa mia. Peppe saw this recipe on a cooking show last week and he quickly whipped it up for us so we could share it with YOU today. This recipe makes enough for two people, or one really hungry Italian.
>> 1/2 pound spaghetti pasta
>> Olive oil
>> Garlic (one clove)
>> * Pesto (6 tablespoons)
>> Cherry tomatoes (about 15)
* We used our favorite store bought pesto. You can certainly make your own, but that would take the “easy” out of easy peasy.
1. Prepare spaghetti in salted water according to directions on the box
2. Lightly brown garlic in hot olive oil
3. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the garlic and olive oil
4. Cook tomatoes lightly (no more than 5 minutes)
5. Place the pesto into the bottom of each plate
6. When pasta is al dente, add to the tomatoes
7. Pour the pasta over the pesto and stir well.