I stole this idea from Expat Travels who used to live in Switzerland, but now lives in Canada, and she borrowed it from Canadian-Swiss who is a Canadian living in Switzerland. Many thanks to Canadian-Swiss for translating this into English for the rest of us!
5) Name five things you love in your new country:
* The Ionian Sea (with the mountains behind it)
* Taking naps in the middle of the day
* My great summer tan (that has since faded, but I am certain will reappear in a few months)
* Cheap dinners, drinks, coffee, and desserts
4) Name four things you miss from your native country:
* My family and friends
* Variety of restaurants
* Sales and clearance items
* Girl’s nights
3) Name three things that annoy you a bit (or a lot) in your new country:
* Being stared at (everyone does it – men, women, young and old, kids…sometimes I think even the dogs are staring…and no – I am not paranoid)
* Everyone has an opinion about everything…and they express it – every time!
* Getting honked out for slowing down on the street to let an elderly lady walk by… (Yes, this has happened to me!)
2)Name two things that surprise you (or surprised you in the beginning) about your new country:
* “La dolce vita,” for many Italians, is a thing of the past
* Italians don’t speak to each other when they pass them on the streets or in an elevator.
1) Name one thing you would miss terribly in your new country if you had to leave.
* Besides Giuseppe? I would miss being here…I would miss the view from my window, the ocean and the mountains, the scenery…
Pass it on – If you do this meme, please leave me a comment and a link so I can check it out…thanks!