Rome and Campania
This 14-night trip is a robust combination of independent and escorted travels through Rome and Campania.
You will start in the Eternal City with guided visits of main historical sites, food, gelato and pizza tours and an excursion to a nearby vineyard. Then, it is on to the chaotic capital of Campania where you will delight your taste buds with a food and market tour and enjoy guided visits to some of southern Italy’s best ruins. You’ll visit the star-studded Amalfi Coast, complete with private boating excursions, hands-on cooking classes and visits to locally and internationally-famous sites.
* This itinerary includes private drivers and private guided tours and excursions throughout. It can be modified to fit your individual travel plans and preferences-email us today with questions.
Rome, Naples and the Amalfi Coast – Food and Culture
15-Day Rome, Naples and Amalfi Coast Food and Culture Vacation
– Welcome to Italy! Upon arriving in Rome, your private driver will meet you for your transfer to your centrally-located hotel. After settling into your hotel, your guide will meet you for your private two-hour orientation and gelato tour of Rome. Evening on your own. Overnight in Rome.
– After breakfast, you will head across Rome for your private tour of Vatican City. You will begin at the Vatican Museums with a study of the major galleries including the magnificent Belvedere Courtyard, Room of the Muses, the Round Room, the Greek Cross Room, Gallery of Tapestries, Gallery of Maps, Rooms of Raphael and of course, the magnificent Sistine Chapel. Your tour will continue in St. Peter’s Square for an overview of the Vatican City State before entering the Basilica. Here, you will see Michelangelo’s beautiful Pieta’ and Dome, the Baldacchino and other works by Bernini, and the Transfiguration by Raphael. You’ll also see the Crypt of St. Peter, the Holy Altar, and other monuments of artistic importance. You will finish off on the portico where you’ll discuss Bernini’s piazza (St. Peter’s Square), the Obelisk, and the Swiss Guard. You will have the afternoon on your own (ideas provided in final packet.) Overnight in Rome.
– Today is all about Roman cuisine! Your discovery of Italy’s food starts with a private excursion into one of Rome’s liveliest piazzas where you wander the stalls and discover how to select your produce like a local. You’ll taste local meats and cheeses before becoming a pizza chef for the day! Evening on your own. Overnight in Rome.
– You will have breakfast and spend the morning on your own in Rome. After lunch, you will meet your guide for a private ½ day tour of Ancient Rome. Your tour will include skip-the-line access tickets to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum where you will learn about the history of the bloody and violent games which took place there, how gladiators lived (and survived), and understand why blood letting meant so much to ancient Roman citizens. Inside the Roman Forum you will learn about all the main structures and contribute to a discussion about Gaius Julius Caesar. Reasons behind the rise and fall of the Roman Empire will be fully explained. Your tour will continue to Capitoline Hill, Piazza Venezia and Piazza Navona before ending the tour at the Trevi Fountain and Pantheon. You will have the evening on your own. Overnight in Rome.
– After breakfast, your driver will meet you for a private wine excursion to nearby Castelli Romani! This tour includes the Appian Way, ancient Roman acqueducts, and Castelli Romani vineyards. You will taste wine and have lunch at a local winery and agriturismo. Return to Rome. Overnight in Rome.
– Today you’ll bid farewell to Rome and have a private transfer to your centrally-located hotel. After settling in, our Campania travel host will meet you for a two-hour orientation tour of Naples. You will have dinner on your own. Overnight in Naples.
– This morning, you will enjoy an escorted food tour through historic Naples where you will spend the morning learning about (and tasting) regional Neapolitan cuisine. You will visit a local produce and fish market, a bakery and coffee shop as well as a regional wine tasting in a local enoteca. You will end the morning with a Neapolitan feast in a typical local trattoria. In the afternoon, you will enjoy a private guided tour of the National Archeaolgoical Museum. Dinner on your own. Overnight in Naples.
– You’ll have today on your own to enjoy Naples. Ideas and recommendations will be provided or additional guided excursions can be included. Overnight in Naples.
– After breakfast, your driver will meet you for a full day excursion to Pompeii and Herculaneum. At each site, your local, bilingual guide will meet you for a private 2-2 ½ hour tour of the ancient ruins. Return to Naples. Evening on your own. Overnight in Naples.
– You will have breakfast, then will have a private transfer to your hotel in Amalfi. After settling into your new room, our Amalfi Coast Travel Host will meet you for two-hour orientation tour of the village. Overnight on the Amalfi Coast.
– This morning you will have time on your own to explore Amalfi. In the early evening you will enjoy a private boating excursion along the world-famous Amalfi Coast. You’ll pass namesake villages, as well as smaller coastal towns. You’ll be able to explore caves and grottoes only accessible via boat and can choose to enjoy dinner in a boat-accessible local restaurant. Return to Amalfi. Overnight on the Amalfi Coast.
– After breakfast, your driver will meet you for your transfer to Ravello. There, you will enjoy a multi-course cooking class with a world-famous cook, who has cooked for Jacqueline Kennedy, Pierce Bronson and other stars. (Approx 5-6 hours) After lunch, you can either walk uphill into Ravello or your driver will meet you for your return to Amalfi. Overnight on the Amalfi Coast.
– Today you will have a guided tour of Capri where you can visit the famous Grotta Azzurra (weather-permitting), see the Faraglioni rocks, explore Anacapri and Capri Town (the two villages on the island), ride the chair lift in Anacapri to the top of Monte Solaro or visit the Villa San Michele in Anacapri. Hiking opportunities will be available. Your guide will help you customize your day based on your energy-level and interests. Return to Amalfi. Overnight on the Amalfi Coast.
– This morning your driver will meet you for a full-day drive along the Amalfi Coast where you will see the highlights of Positano and have the chance to visit smaller, lesser-known towns where you can shop for local products, cameos and ceramics. Overnight on the Amalfi Coast.
– You’ll have a private transfer to the Naples airport. Ciao Italia!
– This itinerary offers the hands-on, personalized service of a two-week private tour but allows time for you to enjoy your travel companions on your own.
– VIP luxury service where it matters! The hotels in this itinerary are boutique 3 and 4-star hotels that have been voted top choices by our travelers, however the real luxury in this itinerary is found in the personalized and private service of your guides, excursions and drivers. You’ll feel like a VIP!
– No stress. Our drivers take you from one location to the next so you don’t have to worry with train schedules, buses or taxis on your own.
– Culinary aspects: Rome and Naples market tours, pizza-making class, wine-tasting, hands-on cooking class on the Amalfi Coast
– Cultural aspects: private tours of Rome and Naples most important cultural sites, private boating with English-speaking skipper
Price is per-person based on double occupancy and is subject to change based on season and availability. Your price will be confirmed and locked in upon booking.
€4690 per person
– 14 nights in 3 or 4-star boutique hotel in Rome, Naples and Amalfi
– Breakfast each morning
– Private orientation walking tour with gelato in Rome
– Private Vatican Tour with skip-the-line access
– Private tour of Ancient Rome and the Historical Center
– Private market tour and pizza-making class with lunch
– Private wine tour with transportation and lunch to Castelli Romani
– Private transportation from Rome hotel to Naples hotel
– Private orientation tour in Naples
– Private market and local foods tastings in Naples
– Private guided tour of National Museum in Naples
– Private driver and guided tours for Pompeii and Herculaneum
– Private transfer from Naples hotel to Amalfi Hotel
– Private orientation tour in Amalfi
– Private 1/2 day boating excursion
– Private transfers to / from Ravello
– Hands-on cooking class in Ravello (not a private event)
– Private guided tour to Capri
– Private “day on the coast” with personal driver
– Private transfer to Naples airport
– Booking and confirmation of itinerary items
– Full Vacation Packet, including detailed itinerary, maps and photos, travel tips, local specialties and more
– Taxes and fees (see exception below)Excludes:
– Meals, drinks and snacks not listed as “included”
– Taxis, including those that might be needed during your private tours
– Entrance tickets into Pompeii and Herculaneum
– Ferry costs to/from Capri
– Hotel upgrades
– Personal shopping
– Laundry services
– Possible hotel city tax
– Other items not specifically listed as “included”
Contact me today for more information.