Everyone loves tiramisu … so much so that they never want to share it.
Be the hero with these individual strawberry tiramisu cups.
They are ideal for the perfect summer get-together or special family lunch.
Here is the scoop on making four individual tiramisu desserts.
>> 1 1/2 egg yolks
>> 1 egg white
>> 1 cup mascarpone
>> 1 cup whipping cream
>> 1 cup strawberries, finely chopped
>> 1/4 cup sugar, plus 3 tablespoons
>> one lemon
>> 20 (or so) lady fingers
>> 2 tablespoons cream limoncello
Two days before you serve your dessert.
1. Finely chop strawberries and put them in a bowl with three large spoons of sugar and the juice from one lemon.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
One day before you serve your dessert.
1. In the morning, separate the strawberries from the juice they created so they won’t get soggy.
2. Lightly beat two egg yolks, then remove a teaspoon so you will have the right amount. Add the cream limoncello and 1/4 cup of sugar and beat until smooth.
3. Add the mascarpone. Beat.
4. Add the panna and beat until it is creamy.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the egg white (and a dash of salt) until it foams. Add it to the mascarpone mixture and beat.
6. Place a layer of the mascarpone in the bottom of your glass.
7. Lightly dip each lady finger cookie in the strawberry juice (that you separated from the strawberries). Be sure not to over-soak the cookies.
8. Place them around the edge of the glass.
9. From here, you can get creative with your layers, either adding a layer of your strawberries or a layer of mascarpone and alternating as you wish.
10. If possible, top your glass with a fresh strawberry and mint leaf (something I was, sadly, unable to find in my little corner store in Catanzaro).
11. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
12. Serve the next day.