Miles from any major tourist stop, Calabria is what many people imagine when they think of Old Italy. Hundreds of quaint villages dot the coastline, where the local barista knows everyone by name and where your friends’ brothers, dads or uncles own 90% of the town’s establishments.
It is charming. It is quaint. It is authentic Italy.
But while this Old World charm and lack of tourism are appealing to many travelers, it also means there is a lack of infrastructure in place that caters to them.
For many Calabria-bound travelers, this is scary and knowing what to expect before you go could make the difference between that once-in-a-lifetime Calabrian vacation of your dreams and a week full of stress, hassles and cultural misunderstandings.
During the time my husband and I owned our B&B we watched ill-equipped travelers struggle with the inconsistencies and annoyances of Calabria travel. Today, we strive to remove as many of those obstacles as possible for travelers who book our tours and vacations but independent travelers still have to navigate this intriguing land on their own.
And that is where this booklet comes in.
Don’t Get Caught With Dirty Drawers … and 98 other tips for traveling in Calabria is fully revised (May, 2017) and is the result of my personal experiences of traveling throughout Calabria, as well as a compilation of the most common mistakes Calabria-bound travelers make when visiting this region.
In this 13-page PDF booklet, I unravel the mysteries of
– communicating with Calabrians
– navigating the southern Italian highway system
– locating an open restaurant, café or gas station
– blending in with the locals without getting ripped off
– finding an open business office, museum or attraction
You’ll also discover
– what to do if you get stopped by the police
– how to have confidence when you order food and wine in a Calabrian restaurant
– how to adjust your expectations of southern Italy
– where to go for important medications
– who to call in case of an emergency
Click here to order Don’t Get Caught With Dirty Drawers … and 98other tips for traveling in Calabria now for just $4.99.
100% Money-Back Guarantee
If you aren’t 100% thrilled with your order, just let me know and I’ll refund your money – no questions asked.
Order Don’t Get Caught With Dirty Drawers … and 98 other tips for traveling in Calabria today.
In bocca al lupo …
and Buon Viaggio!