My husband loves to reproduce our favorite restaurant dishes at home and well, this time … he might have outdone the chef. This tortellini recipe is soft. It’s flavorful. It’s delicious.
And best of all … it is easy! All you need is the time to boil your water and refill that wine glass.
>> 1 package spinach and ricotta tortellini
>> 1 small red onion, chopped
>> 3.5 ounces pancetta or bacon
>> Fresh Parmesan cheese
>> Olive oil
1. Cook pasta in salted water until al dente.
2. While pasta is cooking, saute onions in a generous serving of olive oil.
3. Add pancetta and cook thoroughly.
4. Add pasta to the onion and pancetta mixture and stir, ensuing all of the pasta is coated with the olive oil.
5. Serve immediately and top with coarsely grated Parmesan cheese.
This is my favorite restaurant-reproduced meal we make at home. What about you? Do you recreate meals you’ve eaten in restaurants? What is your favorite?