With less than two weeks to finish buying gifts, wrapping presents and decorating the tree it might be hard to find time to bake all of your traditional homemade goodies.
Need some help?
This easy to whip up, no-bake Texas Mud recipe was a staple at my busy mom’s table and now it is global. My Calabrese hubby loves it, my English-speaking expat buddies love it, even my 10-year-old English student loves it.
And it isn’t it pretty?
Texas Mud Dessert
>> Vanilla pudding (instant, 2 cups)
>> * Whipping Cream (1 cup) / Container of Cool Whip
>> Oreo, or similarly yummy chocolate and cream cookies (10 ounces)
* We always use a regular-sized container of thawed Cool Whip in Texas, but I substitute whipping cream in Italy. It is much lighter with Cool Whip!
1. If using whipping cream, whip the cream and set it aside.
2. Pour half of the pudding into a large bowl and crumple cookies, folding with a large spoon occasionally.
3. Slowly fold in the whipping cream. This dish should be very light, so be sure not to over-stir or mash the cookies.
4. Continue alternating the pudding and whipping cream until you have reached the desired consistency.
5. Pour into a serving bowl, crumble more cookies on top and decorate.
>> Budino al gusto vaniglia (450 ml)
>> Panna per dolci (200 ml)
>> Biscotti Oreo o Ringo (300 gr.)
1. Montare la panna e metterla da parte.
2. Versare metà del budino dentro una ciotola e sminuzzare i biscotti.
3. Mescolare gentilmente con la panna, da fare con delicatezza per evitare di ridurre in poltiglia i biscotti.
4. Alternare budino e panna fin quando non sarà raggiunta una buona consistenza.
5. Versare in una ciotola, sminuzzare altri biscotti e decorare.
What is your favorite holiday dessert? It is ok … you can name more than one. I won’t tell!
** Sila Fridays will return next week! **