Today marks Day One of yet another new addition to My Bella Vita‘s new home. While this timid chef can’t commit to a weekly recipe for What’s Cooking Wednesdays, I will offer at least one new recipe now and then, and it will be featured right here on the 1st of every month!
How lucky for me that this first, fell on Thursday, May 1. So, Happy Love Thursday, everyone, and Happy Labor Day, Italy!
We like to mix things up a bit at Il Cedro, and we tire easily of offering the same types of cakes and breakfast items. I should also add here that my honey loves to take a good recipe, tweak it a bit, and make it his own. Although, he warned me I’d have to pay him to post his recipe, I thought, for the sake of the blogosphere, to take my chances.
So, here you go.
Torta alle Mele di Peppe (Peppe’s Apple Cake)
>> All-purpose flour (3/4 cup)
>> Sugar (1/2 cup)
>> Eggs (2)
>> Peanut Oil (1/4 cup)
>> Milk (just under 1/2 cup)
>> Baking Powder (3 tablespoons)
>> Vanilla Powder (1 tablespoon)
>> Apples (3 medium/large)
1. Wash and peel the apples. Cut 1 1/2 apples into cubes to put into the batter, and slice 1 1/2 apples into slivers to place on top of the cake.
2. In a large bowl, mix the sugar and eggs.
3. Add the oil and continue to mix.
4. Add the flour and milk, continuing to mix the entire time.
5. Fold in the cubed apples using a large spoon. Do not use a mixer!
6. Pour the batter into the baking pan, and arrange the sliced apples on top.
7. Bake on 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Buon Appetito and Happy LT!