I borrowed this idea from a fellow blogger while partying it up with the folks at the Ultimate Blog Party.
40 Before 40
It’s genius! What a great way to reevaluate some goals and dreams…while I still have 9 years to get there…
40. Jump out of an airplane
39. Ride in a hot air balloon
38. Go scuba diving (or at least snorkeling) without having a panic attack…don’t ask!
37. Go to Egypt
36. Take an African Safari
35. Have kids
34. Have grand kids – oh, wait…not before I am 40!
33. Read the bible…all of it.
32. Get married (Nov. 16, 2007)
31. Own my own house
30. Get a literary agent
29. Publish a book
28. Have people buy that book
27. A lot of people…
26. Run a successful business
25. Have a successful Bed and Breakfast in Southern Italy 😉 😉
24. Learn ITALIAN
23. Learn CALABRESE dialect!
22. Go on a Round-the-World trip Vacation
21. Uh, win the lottery to be able to afford #22
20. Have a happy marriage
19. Maintain contact with my friends (wherever they and/or I may live)
18. Have one of my books (you know, the one so many people bought) turned into a movie – What??? I am optimistic!!
17. Watch a movie in Italian and understand all of it.
16. Drive around southern Italy without breaking out in hives…ok, I don’t really break out in hives – but I do get an adrenaline rush…and, not the good kind.
15. Be a better blogger
14. Have more patience with people
13. Stop cursing so much
12. Lose 5 pounds (yea, right – like I will be satisfied enough to cross that off in 9 years)
11. Decorate an Italian home like an American would (expats, you know what I mean)
10. Learn how to cook two or three really good dishes that people request!
9. Figure out what a RSS Feed is
8. Have more than one English student at a time
7. Visit Morocco
6. Go to at least one really cool New Year’s Eve Celebration
5. Buy a pair of Prada shoes
4. Or Manolo Blahnik’s
3. Or, maybe Jimmy Choo’s
2. Have my vote for President actually count (Texas ain’t exactly blue)
1. When I am 40 – I wanna still look like I am 30